Every year we face the same dilema; do we celebrate our anniversary on the actual date (February 12th) or wait and celebrate with everyone else who decides to take advantage of all the hoopla and chaos called Valentine's Day. It's always a toss up and sometimes pretty dicey if we don't plan ahead. After our 2nd wedding anniversary debacle, the rule is that if I'm not planning it, I still have the right to veto any choices that are made in my behalf. Me, being the planner that I am, started back in November by researching places we could eat at, fun events we could go to or trips we could take.
So it's not everyday one celebrates their 15th wedding anniversary. At least that was my logic as I planned out our "date". So as I'm researching, I come across this resort in Dallas called The Gaylord Texan Resort.
It took a little convincing, and a lot of tugging on the credit card before Darren finally agreed to the plan. Side bar note: Major kudos to Darren who rolled with punches and didn't complain one bit. At first, Darren did voiced some concern of the things I had planned out for us, but later thought it cool after all was said and done. This place was amazing. The restaurants were fantastic and rooms were nice a big. Upon our arrival, we had flowers and champagne knocking at our door.

We took advantage of everything that came with the package. The meals, the spa, the shopping just enjoying time with each other and finally reconnecting again.



Needless to say that once the twin tots arrived, Darren and I are always on the run. I wouldn't change anything about being blessed with three terrific tater tots, but after a while, even though you're together, you're not really connected or in sync with each other. When we do get the rare opportunity to escape, just the two of us, and especially when the kids are safe and sound spending the night with the grandfolks, it really is a special treat.
Part of us deciding on going to this resort was that we wouldn't buy each other gifts. Our time at this resort was our gift to each other. That was my pitch to Darren to convince him to release the credit card to me. Our time together was amazing. It didn't take long to genuinely smile and laugh about things. It was so great to just have "grown up" talk and "goofiness" The day comes and goes, we enjoy a wonderful dinner and Darren then proclaims that he's got a present for me.
Me:"No presents, we agreed".
Darren:"I know I know, this is something that we both can enjoy."
Me: "Darren, please no toys. We don't need any toys. And no joking. We're not supposed to get each other gifts...we pinky promised.
Darren: "Judes, it's something that I got a couple of weeks ago."
Me: "Does it need batteries?"
Darren: "Technically no, but I know that you will enjoy it and so will I"
So I managed to avoid the gift giving hoping that Darren was just joking with me. The next morning, He confronts me with this HUGE bag. "Open it!" Darren gives me the bag and said "No arguments!"
I open up the bag and........

I burst into tears, Darren laughs at me and I say "you had me believing that you got something else"! Darren is laughing at me and says, "Wow, I didn't know that you like that sort of stuff, but hey, if you're game I'm game." So not funny Mr. Reeves! So another year comes and goes and we have another memory that I can scrapbook about, but most importantly, we were able to reconnect and finally sync up together again. That alone was priceless for us and the best gift of all.
Is that last picture of you two? Nice to see you!
ReplyDeleteHow does Darren "enjoy" a LV wallet? Is there something about his hobbies we don't know about? :)
Congratulations on 15 years and a stress-free weekend!
Darren get the perk of my "thank you attention" and yep, that's SuperD and Judes :)
ReplyDelete