Just your typical day right? Wrong! There is nothing right about having to be a bachelorette with a tweener and twin toddlers. I must have been hit with temporary insanity when Darren asked if I would mind him going up to Deer Camp with our next door neighbor to help build a bridge over the creek. "Sure, go ahead, have fun!" This said as my tweener was in a PSIA competition, I'm stretched out in a cafeteria table reading a book. (yea, his timing is perfect right?) This said as my tornado twins are causing havoc at my parents house. "Sure, go ahead and have fun!" What a freakin' idiot I am.
Don't get me wrong. Darren deserves to get away. I want him to go and enjoy things he likes to do. I by no means want to be that "ball and chain". I'm so grateful that he even considers to ask me before he plans to go out and do things. That's one of the millions of things I love about him. However, back to me and my insanity....
So it doesn't exactly sink in as to what I agreed upon until after I finally get home at 7:30 pm on a Friday might with a hyped up tweener, and twin toddlers that are about to go postal on me if I don't hurry up and get them in their jammies and in bed.
I look around, and the house is quiet...very quiet. I look around some more and there are mounds of laundry...gasp. A little more looking uncovers dishes piled in the sink...eeek! While looking for food, I realize we have slim pickin's and desperation sets in at this point. The tweener and I settle on feasting on easy mac for dinner.
Tweener: "So Mom, are you sure you don't want me to stay with Grandma and Grandpa?"
Me: "Yes, I'm sure. We can do this."
Tweener: "Exactly what do you mean by WE?"
Me: "You, Me and the twins will survive."
Tweener: "Whatever, survival requires food we don't have any good food."
Right. Point taken. So the pantry is a little bare. And, yes, after cleaning out the fridge, there isn't much left in there either. So, I have this brainiac of an idea that I'll show Darren. Not only will I survive this, but I will have the house clean, laundry and dishes done, babies clean and pantry and fridge full with food. Hell, I'll even pick up his suit AND get the car washed and stop at the liquor store. Yea, that will show HIM! Have I mentioned that I'm just slightly INSANE!
So here we are, Saturday morning and the tweener states the obvious.
Tweener: "We don't have any waffles."
Me: "Well, have some cereal then."
Tweener: "We don't have any of that either, you just gave the rest to the twins."
Me: "Well, get some muffins."
Tweener: "Mom, you gave those to the twins last night."
Me: "Well, shit on a stick!"
Ok, I can do this. Just like the little engine that could, that is going to be my mantra for the day. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this. So as the twins tear up the house and run around crazy and screaming like banshees, I map out the master plan. I take a look at it and think, it's doable. I can do this!
So, I slam down my reheated by the microwave left over coffee from the day before and tell the tweener, pack it up, we're heading out.
Tweener: "Mom, are you sure about this? Tell me again why we can't just go to grandma's and grandpa's?"
Me: "Shut up and get you brother in the car." "We can do this damn it!"
I swear I hear him mumble something on the lines of "you're freaking crazy", but I can't be 100% sure at this point. My euphoria of me actually attempting to get all this stuff done is overwhelming at this point and I'm telling myself "You can do this."
So what happens next? Tune in next time for the adventures of a mad women.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm trying to decide what it says that your oldest automatically assumes that when Dad is away he'd rather be at the Grandparent's house. :)
ReplyDelete