Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tater Tots


Being a mom has certainly changed my life to say the least. What was once predictable, quiet, and irresponsible craziness is now the complete opposite. There are days that I miss the late nights at Starbucks and the 2 a.m. trips to Waffle House. I miss being with our friends until the wee hours of the morning, playing cards,video games or watching movies. I miss the unplanned road trips, the endless hours at the mall and watching "grown up channels". Yes, those days have been gone for over 11 years now. But in looking at what my life has become now, I realize what it means to be a mom.

It means unconditional love. It means a life of schedules in which D and I have to divide and conquer. It means that I will always see a part of D in each child and realize that they truly are the missing part of my life that wasn't there until they were born. With them, I feel that my life and legacy are complete. I can count on each of them making me smile even after a shitty day at work. I can count on endless hours of worry and sleepless nights. I can count of moments of understanding why wild animals eat their young and most importantly, I can count on a life of chaos and lots of humor.

Nope, I wouldn't change my life for anything in the world. Although a weekend alone full of "quality time" with D could be negotiated. . .

1 comment:

  1. Twins.

    10 years apart from their brother.

    What were we thinking???

    ReplyDelete