Thursday, January 29, 2009

Neurosis





So if you have taken the time to actually read my blog, you might have come across the List of 25 things about me. You might think to yourself is she really THAT neurotic? Answer: YES! I blame most of my neurosis on my up bringing and interesting childhood experiences.

So,you might ask yourself, what the heck is the deal with you and clowns? Well it's quite simple really. When I was little, I was petrified of thunderstorms and lightening. (It might have been when my Mom and I got stuck on the highway and we had to abandon the car and run into a Denny's Bathroom as a tornado literally headed towards us). Anyway, when I was little, a really bad summer thunderstorm blew in late one night. Every time it lightening outside, I could see my entire room light up. Well, it just so happened that I actually liked clowns when I was little and had quite the collection of them. Earlier in the evening, I had placed this clown with a really weird smile on my dresser facing my cute little pink princess canopy bed. Every time the lightening flashed I swear to god I could see that stupid clown doll inch it's way towards me. I got over the fear of storms. In fact, now, I LOVE storms. Clowns however, still creep me out.

So what's up with the Snoopy thing? Well my response to you would be that Snoopy is a fucking pervert in a costume! Here's some advice to anyone who has the misfortune of aspiring to dress up in a Snoopy costume for a living: DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT sneak up behind 4 yr old little girls, tap them on the shoulder causing her to literally pee her pants in horror when she turns around and sees you! Yes, that is why I don't care for Snoopy. My poor mother had to whisk me out of the Dolly Madison bread store, as I was screaming bloody murder, throw me in the car and drive away from the store before I could even THINK of calming down. Snoopy sucks ok?!?!

By now, I'm sure, you are at the edge of your seats wanting to know why I hate geese. *sigh* Here goes.... When I was 6 years old, we lived close to a farm with horse stables. On the weekends, they would let the little kids ride the ponies for free. Well, my parents thought cool, if it's free, then it fits our budget, get the kid and let's go. Well it all started out great. I got to ride a really nice pony and thought to myself "Hey, I want a pony now. This is neato." The ride ended and the stable dude comes over and helps me off the pony and I proclaim "Mom, I want to learn to ride ponies. I want a pony." My parents started talking to the stable dude and with my attention span and the love of animals, I see this flock of geese. I run up to the flock and this goose with an attitude charges at me hissing, huffin' and puffin' and flapping it's nappy wings at me. Now, when faced with the fight or flee situation at the tender age of 6, I quickly assessed the situation and thought this goose is pissed. My instinct was to flee. So off I go running and this psycho goose chases me into a corner. Again, I let out the scream of terror, thinking, "hey, it worked the last time and as a bonus, I didn't pee on myself!" I'm thinking my parents would come to my rescue right? Nope, they just stood there laughing as that goose was hissing and pecking at me. The stable dude had to kick the stupid thing away from me and I ran to the car crying my eyeballs out. We never went back to the farm or stables after that and I never wanted a pony after that either. (Boy, did my parent's luck out on that one or what?)

So, there you have it. Justifiable reasons as to why I don't care for some things. Now I ask you, Does this make me crazy or what? I know it explains a lot doesn't it? HA!

2 comments: